Epson Error Code 0x97 is a kind of warning that occurs when you are facing any kind of internal hardware issue in your Epson printer. There are many reasons for this error such as motherboard failure or another internal component failure. When this error occurs, your printer stops printing anything that prevents you from completing an important task. If you get error code 0x97 in your Epson printer, then you can go through this article where you can find out the troubleshooting to fix Epson printer error code 0x97 in the simple and easy steps mentioned.
Read: How to Fix Epson Printer not Printing After Changing Ink Cartridge?
How To Fix Epson Printer Error Code 0x97?
This usually happens on models: Epson WF-3640, WF-4630, WF-3620, WF-7620, and 7610. If you want to resolve error code 0x97 on your Epson printer, you can follow the steps below.
Method 1 # Unplug and plug in:
- First, you need to unplug all cables connected to your printer.
- Now remove all printer cartridges from your printer.
- Always turn off your printer from the power source by pushing the power cable down.
- After that, plug all the cables and then the USB cable.
- Reinstall the ink cartridge in the printer.
- Now turn the power back on and check if the error code still appears.
- Check if the error message persists. If the error persists, continue to the next method.
Method 2# Other Method of Unplug and Plug-in:
- Turn off your Epson printer, and then unplug it from the power source.
- Disconnect the connected cable and USB device.
- Now, wait about five minutes for the printer to rest.
- Press and hold the power button on your printer for less than a minute.
- Now you have to connect the power cord to your printer and then release the Power button.
- After that, check if this message still appears or not.
Method 3 # Clean the clogged printer nozzle:
- Turn off your printer, and then unplug it from the power source and your computer.
- Now carefully open the printer housing.
- Now take a clean paper towel and then use any scalp cleanser.
- Then place the soaked paper towel between the printheads.
- Now let sit for 12 hours and then check if the error code does not appear again.
Method 4# Try Microsoft’s Printer Troubleshooter:
Microsoft has many troubleshooting tools for printers, and you can use any of them depending on the problem you’re having with your printer and printer. You can download it from the official Microsoft website, depending on your printer model and your computer’s operating system. After that run it on your computer to very effectively fix many issues including Epson printer error code 0x97 error.
Method 5 # Turn your printer on and off
Sometimes turning the printer on and off can solve some technical problems, including error code 0x97. You can do this process as follows:
- First, unplug all USB cables and accessories from your printer.
- Now press and hold the power button of your printer for about 60 seconds. This will reset your printer.
- Now reconnect all accessories.
- After that, press and hold the power button again for 60 seconds, then run a test print.
Method 6 # Disconnect and reconnect the printer:
- Check that there is no paper jam, and then wipe it away.
- Unplug all cables and USB connections from your printer.
- Press and hold the Power button for less than a second, then release it.
- Now wait about 1 minute, then reconnect the accessories to your printer.
- Now turn on your printer, then do a functional test.
Epson printer error code 0x97 can be fixed in a very easy way, by following the methods described above. If you need any assistance, get in touch with the printer technician team and they will provide you with the best possible solution to resolve all types of Epson printer issues.