HP printers are some of the best that you can get in the market. However, like other brands of printers, these too are not completely protected from various technical issues. Users of the HP Envy 6055 model often report an offline error message that appears when they try to print anything from their Windows 10 device. On finding HP Envy 6055 offline error, many people feel helpless.
Some people use USB cables for printing but still get this error. If you are also facing this problem then know that it can be caused by various factors that you need to troubleshoot. In this article, you will find effective solutions to fix these problems and get your printer online.
Why HP Envy 6055 Offline Error?
There are many reasons for this error. Some of the most common are listed below.
- The most important cause is a poor connection between your router, your computer, and your printer.
- The printer may also be offline due to a sudden power outage.
- If you have just started using a new internet service provider, you may encounter this problem.
- The second reason is a change in router settings.
Steps to Fix HP Envy 6055 Offline Error
You can follow these practical steps to get your printer online. All are explained in a step-by-step format to gain a clear understanding.
Check for faulty cables and connections
Cable and connection problems with the HP printer make an offline error inevitable. You can check the connection as follows.
- First, make sure a network connection is established between your printer and your PC.
- Next, see how the USB cables are connected. Check both ends of the cable. They must be connected correctly.
- You should also check that your internet connection and router are working properly.
Use HP Print and Scan Doctor
HP has provided a great tool for troubleshooting various printer problems. HP Print and Scan Doctor were designed to help you troubleshoot problems like printers going offline. This works for many HP printer models, including the HP Envy 6055.
- Firstly, download HP Print & Scan Doctor from the official website and install it.
- Now double-tap on the downloaded file and run it.
- Open HP Print and Scan Doctor and press “Start.”
- Select your Envy 6055 from the list. Now start the repair process by tapping on “Fix Printing Link”.
Install the latest version of the printer software.
You can download the printer software by visiting the official HP Customer Support – Software and Driver Download page. After landing there follow these instructions.
- Enter the name of your printer in the search box. Your printer name is present on your printer’s external shell.
- Now press enter key.
- You will get different driver options. Review them all and upload only the relevant ones.
- The required driver options are usually present at the top of the list.
- After downloading the software, launch the download file.
- Here you will see step-by-step instructions for installation.
- Follow them to install the drivers properly.
Restart the Print Spooler service.
Another effective way to fix HP Envy 6055 offline problem is to restart the spooler service. Here are the points you need to follow in order to do so.
- Open the Run dialog box.
- Now type “services.msc” in the box.
- After that press “OK”.
- Check the “Print Spooler” option.
- When you find it, right-click on it and select “Stop”.
- Now type the following path in Windows File Explorer address bar. ‘C:\Windows\System32\Spool\Printers.’
- Now press “OK”.
- Delete your files from the Printers folder. This will clear the print queue.
- Launch Print Spooler again.
- Right-click on it and press “Start”.
- Finally, restart your computer.
Find out if you are using a VPN.
Many people report the HP Envy 6055 offline when using a VPN. A VPN connection prevents you from doing a lot of things. So, if you find that your printer is disconnected, you may need to inspect it and change the configuration.
- Go to www.whatismyproxy.com. It will tell you whether you are connected to the proxy or not.
- Now Windows users can check their Wi-Fi settings if a VPN/Proxy is visible.
- If you are a Mac user, look at the top status bar. In the case of a VPN or proxy configuration, you will see a black box with four gray lines and a white line. To disconnect, click on it.
Add a printer via a TCP or IP connection.
You can also add another printer via TCP or IP connection to bring your printer online. Follow these steps carefully.
- Press and hold “Wi-Fi” on the back of the HP printer for five seconds. Your printer’s lights will start flashing.
- Press and hold the “WPS” button for three seconds. The printer will be connected to a network.
- Press the “(I)” sign on your printer and a configuration page will be printed. You will see an IP address for your printer.
- To add a printer, go to the “Control Panel”. Add it over a TCP or IP connection.
- Your printer will be back online.
Now, whenever you get your HP Envy 6055 offline error while printing anything, use these fixes. Don’t worry; The problem is common and it will disappear if you apply these remedies in the right way. If you need further help in fixing this error, it is best to connect with a professional HP printer support service.