How to Fix Lexmark Printer Not Printing from Tray 2- A Lexmark printer is a type of computer printer that uses a laser to produce digital images on paper. This guide will teach you how to troubleshoot and fix a Lexmark printer that will not print from its tray 2. Some things can prevent your Lexmark printer from printing from its tray.
Here, we will discuss all the factors responsible for the “Lexmark printer does not print from tray 2” problem and the steps to fix them for the accurate functioning of the printer. In case of assistance, you can call Lexmark for assistance.
Common Reasons Lexmark Printer Not Printing from Tray 2
There are several common reasons why your Lexmark printer is not printing from tray 2. The most common reasons are:
- First, the paper size or type setting in the printer driver does not match the paper loaded in Tray 2. To resolve this issue, open the printer driver and adjust the settings so that they match. Match the paper loaded in Tray 2.
- Second, the paper tray itself is not properly aligned with the printer. To resolve this problem, open the printer and make sure that Tray 2 is correctly inserted and aligned with the printer.
- Third, there is a problem with the paper feed rollers inside Tray 2. To clean them, remove Tray 2 from the printer and use a soft cloth dampened with water to wipe away any buildup on the rollers.
- Additionally, the tray selection paper source settings in the printer driver may be incorrect. For Lexmark printers not printing from tray 2, open the printer driver and make sure the paper source setting is set to tray 2.
- Finally, there may be a misalignment between Tray 2 and the printhead. To resolve this problem, open the printer and check the front of tray 2 for any obstructions that may be causing the misalignment.
Troubleshooting Tips for Fixing a Lexmark Printer Not Printing from Tray 2
If any user is having trouble printing with tray 2, it can be resolved quickly without much effort by following the steps below. Be sure to check the solution to the problem before moving on to the next step.
1- Reopen or Close the Tray
Here are the steps to follow:
- Open Tray 2 and check whether the paper is loaded correctly.
- Close Tray 2 properly and then open it to check whether the paper is correctly aligned.
- If the papers still do not print, try removing and reinserting them into the tray after a few seconds.
2- Adjust Printer Settings:
Incorrect paper settings can also interfere with printing. So you need to adjust the paper settings as follows and fix the Lexmark printer not printing from tray 2:
- Go to printer settings and make sure Tray 2 is selected as the default for print jobs.
- Check all other printer settings like paper type, paper size, number of copies, ink level etc.
- After that, check that they are properly configured according to your needs.
- Finally, save any changes to the printer settings before moving on to the next step.
3- Install or Update the Printer Driver:
Outdated printer drivers can cause printing problems. So, update the drivers and fix the Lexmark printer not printing from tray 2 as follows.
- First, go to the official Lexmark website
- Navigate to the Driver and Software section.
- After that, enter the model number of the printer as well as the operating system you are using.
- Download and install the latest driver version available for the printer.
- Finally, restart the computer to save all the changes made.
4- Clean the Printer Feed Rollers:
It is important to clean the feed rollers regularly to prevent Lexmark printers from printing from tray 2. Try cleaning them as described below:
- First, turn off the printer and open Tray 2.
- Now move the rollers with your fingers to remove any dust or paper particles.
- Make sure not to apply too much pressure during this process, as this may damage the rollers.
- After that close the tray properly and turn the printer back on.
- Finally, check whether you can now print from tray 2.
5- Replace the Ink Cartridge
This is a fairly simple process and can be done in a few steps. This will fix the Lexmark printer not printing from tray 2.
- First, turn off and unplug the printer from the power source.
- Next, open the top cover of the printer and remove the old ink cartridge.
- Be careful not to touch the cartridge’s electrical contacts or ink nozzle as this could damage it.
- Then, take the new ink cartridge out of its packaging and remove the protective tape from the bottom.
- Insert the cartridge into the empty slot, making sure it clicks into place.
- Close the top cover and plug in the printer.
- Turn it on and print a test page to make sure it is working properly.
6- Erase Memory
If your Lexmark printer is not printing from the tray, you may need to free up memory. This way:
- First, turn off the printer.
- Unplug the power cord from the back of the printer.
- After that wait for 30 seconds.
- Plug the power cord back into the printer and turn it on.
- The printer should now be ready to use.
- Find solutions for Lexmark printers that won’t print from tray 2.
7- Reset the Printer
If your Lexmark printer is not printing from the tray, you may need to reset your printer settings. To do this, follow these steps:
- Open the Lexmark Printer Utility.
- Click on the Maintenance tab.
- Under the Reset section, click on the Reset button.
- After that, a confirmation message will appear.
- Click on the OK button to continue.
- Your printer settings will now be reset to default values.
I hope you like the post How to Fix Lexmark Printer Not Printing from Tray 2. If these don’t work above all methods then you can contact the Lexmark Printer support assistant Number 1-855-233-5515 and get experts to help. Please do share with others the post.