While it’s always a good idea to replace a cartridge that seems to be out of ink, that doesn’t mean it can’t be used to complete your print job. Keep in mind that some prints might not print, but there are ways to combat this.
This article is a great guide to understand how to diagnose the problem and force Epson printer to print with low ink on Windows and Mac devices. So, whether you are a Windows user or a Mac user, don’t be disheartened. This article has all the information you need. This article has all the information you need.
Fix ‘Epson Printer with Low Iink’ Issue
- In the Control Panel section, navigate to “Printers and Devices”
- There will be a list of available printers. Select your printer.
- You have to right-click on your printer, Epson. Now go to the drop-down menu.
- In the drop-down menu, click Properties.
- In the ink set, click “Color”.
- Now tap on “Apply Changes” and then “Update Settings”
- You must delete the printer queue list on your computer and select “Epson Printer Utility.” have to press
- Once you have clicked on “Epson Printer Utility”, tap on “Allow Temporary Black Printing”.
- In the print options, select “Grayscale”.
- Click OK and a monochrome setting will appear on your screen.
- Lastly, don’t forget to run test prints
- This will tell you if low printing is a problem with your Epson printer.
How to force an Epson Printer to Print with a Low Ink Level?
- Turn on the power button. This will turn on your Epson printer. Now load the papers into the paper tray.
- Next, connect your Epson printer to your computer/PC.
- Now you need to open the Ink Cartridge door and remove the Ink Cartridge which is low on ink.
- Remove the cartridge, shake it slightly, and put it back.
- Now, to force Epson to start with low ink, in the Start menu, navigate to “Printers and devices”.
- Under “Printers and devices,” find your Epson printer model.
- Click on the Epson printer model and access the drop-down menu.
- From the drop-down menu, go to Properties and choose a color from the Ink set.
- Click Apply Changes. This will save the changes.
- First, clear and cancel any print queues.
- In the Start menu, click “Printers and Devices”
- In the list of available printers, find your available printer, Epson.
- Don’t forget to click on the quality option and plain paper in the “Paper Type” section.
- Click on the Print option and choose Grayscale. Click on OK and then Apply.
- When the Monochrome setting is indicated, save the changes.
- Now run a test print. This will indicate whether a weak print is displayed.
- For Mac, again, cancel all print queues.
- Then click “Printers and Scanners”. In the list, find your Epson printer from the list available.
- In Epson Printer Utility, click Driver Settings.
- Now click on “Allow Temporary Printing in Black”.
- Go back to Print Settings.
- Select Plain Paper under the Paper Type option.
- Next, click on the Print option and select “Grayscale”.
- Finally, press OK and start a test print. This will help you check if low printing is a problem affecting your printer.
For some reason, if the above steps don’t work for you, you need to remove the ink cartridge. Now cover the ink cartridge door with the label and adhesive tape to seal it properly. Re-install the ink cartridge.
Now you need to run a test print again to check whether low print is indicated on your printer.