You encounter the rare and troubling HP Fax Error Code 346. This problem may prevent you from sending the fax to the recipient; Once this happens, it is not easy to fix. There isn’t much you can do to fix the problem, however; Better than doing nothing. Do you need to know the reason and solution for this error? Read this blog to get the answers you want.
You may receive HP fax error code 346 when you use your HP Officejet Pro 8600 to fax something.
Causes of the HP Fax Error Code 346
- The location you’re trying to send the fax to is usually the problem. The recipient’s fax machine may be experiencing network problems or may not be responding.
- You accidentally pressed the STOP button before the fax was completely sent.
- A broken relationship
- Any problems related to power supply including power outages,
- Other problems with the phone lines, such as heavy traffic or damaged lines.
Any of the previously mentioned problems can cause HP fax error code 346 and prevent you from sending faxes. If you also encounter this error, then you should read the rest of the blog to know how to fix it.
How to Self-Troubleshoot HP Fax Error Code 346
There are several diagnostic procedures you can perform to resolve HP fax error code 346. However, it will be helpful if you contact the person you are trying to fax before you begin. Cancellation of transmission on the receiver side can also cause HP error code 346. Contacting them will let you know if this is the cause and you won’t need to do these troubleshooting steps.
- You can try faxing the same document to another person to determine if the problem is with you or the recipients.
- Try waiting a period of time to test if the bad phone line improves. If you still cannot send a fax, contact your telephone company to check for line problems.
- Turn off Error Correction Mode (ECM) and see if you can fax it quickly. On the receiver side, issues of poor image quality are also resolved by disabling the ECM. By doing so, the resulting document will be of better quality overall.
- HP fax error code 346 may also appear if you try to transmit a fax at a faster transmission speed. Your HP OfficeJet printer may fix the problem by switching to slower data transmission. The steps listed below will show you how to reduce fax speed:
- Click the right arrow on your printer’s home screen.
- Select the Configuration menu, then the submenu for Fax.
- Browse and select Advanced Fax Setup.
- View the Fax Speed option and choose a slower transmission speed, such as 9600.
- If the document you’re trying to send is particularly large, break it up into smaller documents before trying to send it. Ask the remote user whether he received the fax successfully.
- If the problem is with the telephone connection, you can try moving your printer to another area where the network is sufficiently accessible. Then send the fax one more time to determine whether the error has been fixed.
- Finally, after completing the procedures mentioned earlier, restart your HP printer and after some time try sending the fax to the same recipient.
If you perform the above actions, you will not face HP Fax Error or any other error while sending a fax. However, don’t feel alone and contact us if the problem persists. Even if you have an issue with your HP laptop, printer, or scanner, our knowledgeable and knowledgeable HP support professionals can resolve it.