HP printers are modern devices with virtually no technical problems. However, at some point in its use, you may face one problem or the other. HP printer Blurry printing is one such problem. When this problem occurs, the printer prints a line feed on the document. These lines make reading difficult for the user. The output quality is low, which makes it unusable. However, there is no need to worry too much about this problem as there are several remedies that you can apply to fix it. Keep reading to find effective ways to get your HP printer to print properly.
Why is my HP Printer Printing Blurry?
There are many reasons for this problem with your printer output. If you encounter this problem often, here are the common causes that you should be aware of.
- Your printer driver is not updated.
- There is not enough ink in your printer.
- The printer nozzles are not clean.
- The printer cartridge or toner is not properly aligned.
- There are problems with your HP printer settings.
- The quality of the paper you are using is poor.
How to Fix HP Printer Printing Blurry?
You can start with some simple fixes, like updating the printer driver and using the right paper. The remedies mentioned below will help you to get rid of this problem.
Use the Latest Printer Driver for Your Printer Model
Updating the HP printer driver is the primary way to avoid various printer issues. You can update the driver using the device manager of your system. Here are the points to use it and update the HP driver.
- Use the Windows Search bar to open the Device Manager window.
- Next, find your printer. After finding it, right-click on it and select the option “Update Driver”.
- If you want the process of updating your printer drivers to be smooth and hassle-free, select the “Automatic” option.
- But if you are comfortable with downloading the update manually, then use the second option.
- The drivers will be installed in a moment.
- Restart your system and see if the print output has improved.
Check the Quality of the Paper
The type of paper you use plays an important role in the result you get. To fix the HP blurry print problem, you need to use the right kind of paper. Plain paper is ideal for everyday documents. But if you want to print high-contrast images, then use HP Advanced paper.
Also, check that the paper in the tray is smooth and not wrinkled. If your paper has both printable and non-printable sides, load the printable side down.
Change Printer Settings
You can also change printer settings to get the best print quality. Here is the process you need to follow for this.
- Press ‘File’ in the print program.
- Follow it up by tapping on the “Print” option.
- You will see the ‘Print’ window.
- Choose a suitable product.
- After that, tap on the “Properties” or “Preferences” option.
- You will see the “Preferences/Properties” window.
- Now press the “Printing Shortcuts” tab.
- To improve print quality, change one or more of the options below in the “Printing shortcut” menu.
- Paper type – If you see an option that exactly matches the paper type, select it. Do not select “Automatic” in this case.
- Print quality – If blurred lines reduce print quality, increase the quality. But if you want faster printing then you have to reduce the print quality.
- Paper size – Make sure the “Paper size” option matches the paper you have loaded in your printer.
- You can access additional options by tapping on the “Advanced” tab.
Inspect Your Ink Cartridges.
You may find that your HP printer is blurry when the ink level is low. Hence it is imperative to check the ink level as well as the cartridge.
- Begin by turning off your HP printer. For this purpose press the “Power” button.
- Launch Printer Back Panel.
- Now go to the area where the printer cartridges are kept.
- Remove the ink cartridge from your printer.
- Check the cartridge ink level.
- Also, check whether the cartridges are damaged.
- If the cartridge is low on ink or damaged, you have no choice but to install a new one.
- However, it is better to avoid using non-genuine ink cartridges.
- Use genuine HP products.
- Now insert the ink cartridges into their slots.
- Make sure they are perfectly aligned.
- After that, press the “Power” button to turn on the printer.
- Finally, run a test print to see if the problem is resolved.
Check Print Head Nozzles are Clean
If the print nozzles or other internal parts become clogged, it will cause poor-quality output. So, if you are still wondering how to fix HP blurry printing, clean the internal components of the printer.
To clean the nozzles, use a microfiber cloth with an HP-recommended cleaning agent. You can also use the printer’s system settings to clean internal components. For clarity on cleaning nozzles, see your printer’s manual.
Cartridge alignment is also important for good print quality. You need to see if the alignment is correct for the type of output you want.
- Press “Start” in your Windows system.
- Use the “All Programs” function to find the “HP Solution Center.”
- Tap on “Settings” followed by “Printer Toolbox”.
- Tap on the “Device Services” tab.
- Now tap on the “Align Ink Cartridges” option.
- The alignment page will print.
- Now lift the cover of your printer.
- Place the alignment page face down on the scanner.
- Lower the lid.
- Now press the “Scan” button on your printer’s control panel.
- The ink cartridge will be aligned.
It is normal to see that printing from HP printers is blurry, especially after prolonged use. But you can solve the problem with the simple and effective remedies given above. However, if you do not see any improvement in the output quality, consult the printer’s technical support experts.