The day you’re ready to get quality prints from your Brother Hl-L2380dw printer. But unfortunately, you cannot print any of your documents which are very important to submit in the office. This Brother Hl-L2380dw shows an offline error problem during a print job. It can be a such difficult situation that you will not be able to print even a single page. However, the document you’ve worked hard to print will be added to the print queue. It is quite understandable how painful the situation is, especially when you give the print command but nothing comes to hand. It is also a fact that every problem has a unique proper support solution. Likewise, there’s a real guide to getting your offline Brother printer back online. This article will teach you what to do to get your printer to a stable state. Let’s read carefully!
Why is my Brother Hl-L2380dw offline on Windows?
Some common factors can cause Brother Hl-L2380dw offline issues. Some of them are listed below:
- There may be a connection problem.
- The power cables may be connected to your device or you may be using faulty cables for the printer connection.
- The “Use Printer Offline” mode is somehow enabled.
- Most likely, the Brother Hl-L2380dw printer is not set as the default printer.
- Installing anti-virus software can also be the real cause of problems with the printer. For security reasons, it sometimes blocks the print function. He will not let the action happen.
- The driver installed on your Brother printer may not be working properly or may be out of date. This can also cause Brother Hl-L2380dw offline error.
Effective Troubleshooting Tips to Fix Brother HL-L2380dw Offline
There is no doubt that Brother printers are well-known in the industry for providing quality printing solutions at affordable prices. Although it is the best quality and one of the direct competitors of HP and Canon printers, there are many problems one can face. One of the most common problems faced by most of the users is Brother printer offline. And they recently raised a supporting voice for the Brother Hl-L2380dw offline fix. That’s why we have compiled productive fixing instructions for you in the section below. You just need to take a look at these resolution guides. So, apply them one after the other until the Brother printer comes back online. let’s go:
Solution 1: Disable the “Use the Printer Offline” Mode
Windows has a feature that allows you to print documents even when you’re offline. This allows users to load their documents into the print queue and print them later once the printer is securely connected. This wonderful feature may be the reason for the Brother Hl-L2380dw being offline. So, without wasting any more time, just deactivate it and then check whether you are printing or not. Here’s how to turn it off:
- First of all, press the Windows + R keys on your keyboard to open the Windows Search box.
- Now type “control” in the dialog box and press the “Enter” key.
- Once you are in the Control Panel, create a section in the “View devices and printers” option. Such an option is present under “Hardware and Sound”.
- A list of printers will appear on the screen.
- Select your Brother Hl-L2380dw printer and right-click on it.
- Now select the “See what prints” option.
- Next, tap the printer once and uncheck the “Use an offline printer” option, leaving it checked.
- Save the changes you made and exit.
Now print with your Brother printer to check if the Brother Hl-L2380dw offline issue is resolved or not. If not yet, continue following the growing guide.
Solution 2: Reinstalling the Brother Hl-L2380dw Printer Driver
If the above doesn’t work, don’t be discouraged! Try reinstalling the Brother Hl-L2380dw printer driver directly from Device Manager. There are many cases where the printer is unable to connect to the network properly due to corrupt or outdated drivers. This is also a possible reason for the printer disconnecting. Here’s a complete guide to installing the latest drivers on Windows desktop:
- Press Windows + R keys on your keyboard to bring up the Run dialog box.
- Now type “devmgmt.msc” in the search box and press “Enter”.
- Once in Device Manager, expand the Imaging devices category.
- Locate the printer you want to uninstall.
- And then, right-click on it and choose “Uninstall device”.
- If prompted, also select the “Remove driver” tab.
- Now power off your printer and restart your router and computer.
- Then go to the Brother printer’s official page to select the updated printer driver.
- And then click on the “Download Driver” link.
- Install it now and run it by following the on-screen steps.
After updating the driver, check whether the Brother Hl-L2380dw offline issue is resolved or the printer is online.
Solution 3: Set up a secure printer connection
It is very clear that when the established connection between the printer and the computer is broken, the printer may go offline. Therefore, whenever the Brother Hl-L2380dw printer goes offline, it is highly recommended that you check your Internet connection immediately. Additionally, you should also check for problems with the power source. Try connecting all cables properly, then restart your Brother printer. You can now start printing to test whether the printer has been brought online from its offline state.
Solution 4: Set Your Brother Hl-L2380dw Printer as the Default Printer
The instructions required to set your default printer are listed below:
- Open the “Control Panel” on your Windows.
- Select “Hardware and Sound”.
- Click on the “Devices and Printers” tab.
- Right-click on your printer model ie Brother Hl-L2380dw.
- Select the “Set as default printer” option.
Now try printing just to see if the Brother Hl-L2380dw offline issue is resolved.
Solution 5: Temporarily disable firewall/antivirus software
Antivirus software and firewalls are extremely well-known applications specifically designed to protect devices from viruses. Sometimes they stop the stock price action when they identify false positives or pullbacks against the stock. The print job has already been checked for a threat, but the Brother Hl-L2380dw is still giving the offline error message. So, what you need to do in this situation is temporarily disable the installed antivirus and firewall software. Now you can check whether the printer is printing or showing an offline issue.
Get in touch with the tech-savvy for quality support at your fingertips
If none of the troubleshooting methods work to fix the Brother Hl-L2380dw offline problem, give us a call. We are well-trained and highly experienced technicians who work hard to help you at all costs. Thus, don’t hesitate to dial the 24/7 online support number to connect with the best technicians and get repair instructions.