Is your Kodak printer out of ink? Are you confused about the process to refill Kodak printer cartridges? Or are you just looking for a step-by-step walkthrough because other resources have left you at a loss? If this is your concern, then you have come to the right place! Given below is the detailed and hassle-free step-by-step solution for Kodak printer empty cartridge problem.
Read: How to Reset Ink Levels on Kodak Printer
In 1888, George Eastman introduced the first simple camera to the sailing world and made history. In 1912, Kodak entered the world of printing and never looked back. From the black and white printers of the old world to the new-age laser printers, Kodak has come a long way and continues to innovate.
Kodak Printer Cartridges it Applies to
Any model of Kodak printer that has the original cartridge system that includes either the normal black and white 10ml cartridge (even a larger one) or the color cartridge or perhaps a combination of both can be used by Kodak using the solution below Printer cartridges can be refilled.
The materials needed would be a bottle of ink (the required color or plain black), a syringe, a needle for the syringe, and a knife or pair of scissors.
How to Refill Kodak Printer Cartridges
- First, take the empty cartridge out of its socket inside the printer. To do this, open the printer and place your finger under the end of the cartridge while pressing it towards your thumb and it will pop straight out of the socket.
- Now, before you start refilling, make sure to securely lock the cartridge with its cap to prevent any ink leakage during refilling.
- Attach the needle to the syringe and fill it with 10ml of ink from the ink bottle (depending on cartridge size). Remember to wipe the needle thoroughly.
- Using a knife or scissors, peel the sticker off the top of the cartridge to reveal the filler hole.
- Insert the needle into the hole and push it into the cartridge, but be sure to pull it out only until about ¼ inch of the needle is still inside. Now fill it slowly and steadily.
- When you’re finished, close the filler hole on top of the cartridge, remove its cover, and replace it inside the printer by gently pushing it back into place in its socket.
Note: Color cartridges have 5 fill holes on their top for 5 different colors namely Yellow, Vivid, Magenta, Cyan, and Black. So be sure to fill each hole with its unique color, otherwise, the cartridge may be permanently damaged.
By following these steps diligently, you can easily fix the empty cartridge problem. So, now you all know how to refill the Kodak printer cartridge properly without any difficulty. Now go on, reload your cartridges, and start printing again!