Looking for instructions on how to connect your Brother Printer to a Mac? Many people are concerned about adding printers to their devices. Connecting a printer becomes easy once one is familiar with the process of adding a printer to the device. However, you can connect a printer to any device via a wired or wireless connection. You can find information on how to connect your Brother printer to your Mac device by following the steps below.
What is the process for connecting a Brother printer to a Mac?
Many Brother printer customers, whether new or existing, may have difficulty pairing the printer with their Mac. On the other hand, the process of connecting the Brother printer to your Mac device is not complicated and can be accomplished by anyone who knows how. If you don’t know how to connect Brother printer to Mac, follow the steps below.
How do I connect a Brother printer to a Mac?
- To get started, turn off your Brother printer and unplug it from the power outlet.
- Next, disconnect all interface cables connected to the printer.
- After that, you have to choose between USB, Wired, and Wireless network options for your connection.
1- USB Cable Users:
- If you’re using a USB cable, connect the Brother printer to a power outlet and turn it on.
- After that, use your USB cable to connect the Brother printer to Mac.
2- Wired Users:
- If you’re using a wired network, connect the Brother printer and hub with a network cable.
- After that, connect the Brother printer to a power outlet and turn it on.
3- Wireless Network Users:
- If you’re using a wireless network, first connect the Brother printer to a power outlet and turn it on.
- You will then need to configure your Brother printer over the network.
- You will then need to connect your printer to a wireless network to proceed to the next step.
Steps to Connect Brother Printer to Mac:
- Next, go to your Mac’s Apple menu and select System Preferences from the drop-down list.
- Then from there navigate to Print & Fax, Print & Scan, or Printers & Scanners icon.
- Then you have to select the plus button for Printers and Scanners.
- Also, from there you have to select the Default tab.
- Then browse through the list of all printers and select your Brother printer from the list.
- Make sure Print Using or Use is set to the correct device, and then press the Add button.
- After that, make sure that CUPS is selected from the options for Print With or Use, which is the model name of your device.
- You must select BR-Script for Print Use or Use for the PostScript Driver if it is available for your printer model.
- Your Brother printer will then be added to your Mac’s Print & Fax, Print & Scan, or Printers & Scanners folders.
- Finally, once the printer is successfully added to your Mac device, you can exit the System Preferences screen.
Sometimes people may face problems like Brother Printer not connecting to Mac or another device. In this case, you can contact Brother Printer Support Staff directly for your printer not connecting issue and for expert assistance in resolving the issue.