Thinking about troubleshooting HP Printer Ink Cartridge problems? You have come to the right place. This error usually occurs in HP Photosmart all-in-one printers like B009, B110, and B010. The Printer Control Panel will display an error message for the ink cartridge and you will not be able to print it.
You should make sure that only genuine HP cartridges are used for the printer. This is very important, and if you are using incompatible cartridges, be sure to purchase a replacement cartridge which will fix the problem in most cases.
In addition, the cartridge must be installed correctly. Here are some points to keep in mind in this regard.
- Turn on the printer and open the cartridge access door. The cart must be moved to the right side of the device. Wait for the vehicle to become quiet and idling.
- Make sure the symbol on the cartridge label matches the symbol on the cartridge slot. Make sure the cartridges are not in place, and if they are, push them down gently. The printhead latch should be in the correct bottom position.
- Close the entrance accordingly.
Practical Ways to Solve HP Printer Ink Cartridge Problems
You can also choose to uninstall and reinstall the printer cartridge. It includes the following steps:
- Open the cartridge access door and wait for the vehicle to go silent and idle.
- To release it, click on the front of the tab on the cartridge and drag it up and out of the slot.
- If a specific cartridge is already highlighted with an error message, be sure to locate it.
- If no specific cartridge is specified, remove all cartridges at once.
- Once again, reinstall the cartridge with the contacts on the front of the printer carriage. Make sure you put them in their proper places and that they are securely in place.
You may also consider cleaning the electrical contacts with a lint-free cloth or dry cotton swab while the cartridge is empty, making sure the cartridge is properly placed with the nozzle in place. The electrical contacts will be at the bottom and you will need to clean them first. Next, erase the electrical contacts on the inside of the printer carriage slot, which are four copper-colored pins. Wipe the electrical contact with a dry cotton swab and insert the cartridge into the correct slot.
Removing and reinstalling the cartridge is always a tip. You can also unplug the power cord from the back of the printer when it’s on, and reset the power cord from a wall outlet. Wait 15-20 seconds before the strings are reconnected and the printer is on. The cartridge will also need to be replaced, or you may need to replace the printhead. If nothing else works, you can make an appointment to have your HP printer serviced.
Here is the process to fix HP Printer Ink Cartridge problems. If all steps not working for you then you can contact the hp care number they will help you immediately. If you like the post then you can give your feedback in the comment section.